Monday, March 10, 2008

Montage curiosa

On my way home from office, I counted no fewer than seventeen hoardings today. I was taken aback - I had expected so many more. This is after all, a (kind of) democracy. I couldn't resist taking some snaps of the amazingly charismatic politicos that have so obligingly given us so much to look up to.



Exhibit A


Take a closer look at Row 2, Column 1. Omigosh! Half- orcs do exist...Saruman, thou hast committed an unforgivable deed.



Come here you...closer...clossssser


The glaring eyes...the smirk...Mommy!!




Have you seen an orthodontist lately?

I live for the day when I can grow a moustache like that.




Beauty is only sin deep

Cupid needs some rest...and rehab...and a pair of eyeglasses.




Gets a Jaykar

Ah, the female angle...these clowns are improving. Statistics show that 90% of all people who gawk at hoardings are males. Three guesses as to what they would like to look at.





Can do better

Urm, we did say that we like to look at pictures of women. But perhaps we should've been more specific.





Missing the point entirely





O Soniye...

The Congress has it all wrong. Haven't they seen this snap?



Sangli to kya, hum South Pole tak aayenge.

Put this up on hoardings and they'll be re-elected for the next 10,000 years, dubious waivers notwithstanding.




Volunteer or it's the finger!
Same problem here. With ads like these, about 99.999% of all potential volunteers are being alienated. Observe and learn.

Makes a palpable difference, doesn't it?




One ring to rule them all...and in the darkness bind them!


Yet another 'Maharaj'. Sometimes I think we are really privileged to live in an age where so many have seen the light. I just wish it had been that of an oncoming train.




Hindi bolenge pan Marathi nahi sodenge

Sachmuch ye Kangress is Desh ka vaatola kar raha hain.









On a serious note listen all Punekars, for our time runneth out. As Will Shakespeare said, "Do something, you spineless jerks." Of course, I'm paraphrasing. What he actually said was

"When our actions do not,
Our fears do make us traitors."

- Macbeth

Arise! Awake! We have seen the enemy and he is us.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...great post....although I cant help wondering and hoping that all those noteworthy observations made did not affect your driving skills in the process....I once noticed a man on a bike,blissfully gawing at a poster at a signal....which had turned green 2 mins before....

PS:The pic of Mrs.Gandhi in the bikini would probably nullify the deal about renee in bikini...which was supposedly never met....

Priya said...

These hoardings are indeed amusing! I too got quite a few pictures of these when I came home last year :)

See this: http://rainbasera.blogspot.com/2006/02/happy-birthday-v2.html

Mukul Hinge said...

@anon: Nope, being the concerned citizen that I am, I parked my car(in a deemed parking zone) and then clicked the shots. ;)

The Rene Zellweger bikini shots were posted as promised but were then taken off because ahem...a higher power deemed them inappropriate.

@Priya: Like the name of the blog you've referred...ani sakharam ghatane chi upama sahich aahe!

Priya said...

:) tujhi maratheet pratikriya vaachun jaam majaa vaaTalee!

Mukul Hinge said...

Bas ka rao! Kara thatta garib manasaachi ;)
Khara tar mi Marathi evdhyatach jara bara bolaayla laagloy. Shaalet astaana 'Kamal naman kar' ani 'Sharad kamal bagh' hya palikade amhi kadhi geloch nahi. Pan sadhya prayatna chalu aahet kaaran Va Pu, GA Kulkarni vagere vachaaycha plan aahe.

Anonymous said...

cant resist the temptation of givin a 'fukat cha salla' -
va pu - give it a pass.. but do read G A Kulkarni. He s Awesome.

Mukul Hinge said...

Yup, GA comes highly recommended from trusted sources...plus he was a fan of Maugham - which intrigues me ;)

Anonymous said...

what other authors do these trusted sources recommend? just to make sure i m not missing out on anything good :)

menopausal_ballerina said...

I <3 Political Hoardings

Mukul Hinge said...

Actually, I>=3 hoardings...

Okay, don't mind that...I'm known for my complete lack of a sense of humour.

menopausal_ballerina said...

'sawrrite
im a forgiver